NO monthly fees - each form is a one-time payment for unlimited, forever usage!
Click the Images to See the Previews of the California Preliminary Notice forms for Private Works and Public Works Projects and the Proof of Notice Declaration forms
|Preliminary Notice for Private Works Projects
|Proof of Notice Declaration for Private Works Projects
|Preliminary Notice for Public Works Projects
||Proof of Notice Declaration for Public Works Projects
Caution! California Contractors can be PENALIZED for not doing a preliminary notice!
CHAPTER 2. Preliminary Notice [8200 - 8216] (Chapter 2 added by Stats. 2010, Ch. 697, Sec. 20.)
8216. If the contract of any subcontractor on a particular work of improvement provides for payment to the subcontractor of more than four hundred dollars ($400), the failure of that subcontractor, licensed under the Contractorsí State License Law (Chapter 9 (commencing with Section 7000) of Division 3 of the Business and Professions Code), to give the notice provided for in this chapter, constitutes grounds for disciplinary action under the Contractorsí State License Law.
Included With Your Purchase:
- Unlimited free support
- Free updates whenever we make minor changes to the form (e.g., cosmetic changes; typo corrections; etc.)
- Unlimited free replacements whenever you need and as long as the form is still available (you're encouraged to make backup copies and also welcome to contact me for free replacements)
Upon Completion of Your Purchase You'll be Able to:
- Download the form package instantly to your computer
- Fill in the forms on your computer
- Save them, change them, save them again, etc.
- Print as many copies as you need at no extra charge
- Use them an unlimited number of times, on as many projects as you need
If You Are Not 100% Satisfied, You'll Get a Full Refund
When you purchase your form(s) from me, if you are unhappy with the form(s) for any reason and don't want them, just let me know and I will refund your purchase 100%. And you don't have to return anything because they're downloaded documents; there's no CD or hard copy to worry about having to ship back.
What's Included in the Preliminary Notice Bundled Forms Package
The CAPN-B.zip folder that downloads to your computer will unzip itself and present you with the following:
- Fillable Preliminary Notice forms for Private Works Projects in Word format and Adobe PDF
- Special added bonus: Fillable Proof of Notice Declaration forms for Private Works in Word format and Adobe PDF
- Fillable Preliminary Notice forms for Public Works Projects in Word format and Adobe PDF
- Special added bonus: Fillable Proof of Notice Declaration forms for Public Works in Word format and Adobe PDF
- A detailed, step-by-step instructional document, with checkboxes, that'll have you churning out preliminary notice forms (and the Proof of Notice Declaration forms) like a PRO in no time.
Special Added Bonus
California law requires that senders of Preliminary Notices keep a Proof of Notice Declaration on file. As mentioned above, I've included these proof documents as special added bonuses with the preliminary notice form purchase.
These Preliminary Notice Forms work with all computers
These Preliminary Notice forms work with Windows/PC and Macintosh computers and operating systems, and you'll get both Word and Adobe PDF (works with the free Adobe Reader) versions.
5 easy steps
In 5 easy steps, you can have your fill-in-able, savable Preliminary Notice Forms, the Proof of Notice Declaration Forms, and the detailed, step-by-step instructions downloaded, filled in, printed, and ready to go:
- Click the "ADD TO CART" button
- Complete your checkout
- Click the "Download Now" button to download the forms and bonus article
- Fill in the form using your computer
- Print the form
You'll be able to save the filled-in form under various file names and, because the form resides on your computer, you don't have to be online to use it.
Using the enclosed step-by-step instructions, which detail everything you need to know right down to how to send them via certified mail, it'll be easy to get your forms filled in properly and served via certified mail.
When you click on the "Download Now" button on your payment confirmation page, a folder titled "CAPN-B.zip" will download to your computer and automatically unzip. If it doesn't unzip, don't buy an unzip program, just email me and I'll email the already-unzipped forms to you. :)
Who Needs these Preliminary Notice Forms
The Preliminary Notice form is needed by Subcontractors, Direct Contractors, Suppliers, and Service Providers to protect their lien rights on construction projects.
If an entity that is required to do the preliminary notice doesn't, then lien rights may be lost as well as rights to stop payment notices, bonds, etc.
And if a California contractor doesn't do a preliminary notice, he/she is subject to discipline by the California State License Board (CSLB).Remember! You are guaranteed a full refund if you don't love these forms.
Back to the top of this page: Preliminary Lien Notices / Prelims
Back to the home page: Download Construction Contract Forms
More Information: More about Preliminary Notices